Re: Changelog access

Tuesday, 21 February 2006 02:48, Jamie Thompson wrote:
> Alex Nordstrom wrote:
> > http://pdo.debian.net/
>
> Nope, already spotted that one as the url was given in the link on
> the packages.debian.org placeholder page.

My bad. One thing you can do is to use the -d option to aptitude (or
equivalent) to only download your updates without installing them right
away. If you then look in /var/cache/apt/archives, you'll find the deb
files, which are really just ar archives, which contain (among other
things) a tarball called data.tar.gz, which in turn contains
changelog.gz, which finally contains the actual changelog.

Probably a bit of a roundabout way of doing things, but it works. Having
a GUI like Ark might help too.

--
Alex Nordstrom
http://lx.n3.net/