Re: debian pine source build 4.62

The messages were deleted from /var/spool/mail/user as far as I could tell they were put nowhere else. I hadn't done enough fine tuning of the pine configuration file for that. It's possible something verizon.net installed on the home network may have got a little too hyperactive though tooo. I allowed a verizon.net security package to be installed on another computer which is also connected to the same gateway as the Linux box. If that software detected a virus in the email stream it may have by delayed reactioon gone and hunted those messages down and erased them. I'm not going to be doing much downloading of large amounts of email for awhile until I can get this sorted out.