debian pine source build 4.62

A little earlier today I lost something on the order of 15,000 messages after having initially viewed them with a new build of pine. There's likely some serious instability going on somewhere. I had used fetchmail to download messages and exim was used to post what i have to the internet. Since this download took awhile to get done I had intended to spend time off line reading and disposing of email. As things stand now, I'll likely spend time off line erasing this entire instance of the system and perhaps doing a reinstall eventually. I'm less than impressed with console multimedia capabilities and X accessibility works better on FC3 than here.