Introducing myself and ATI+Toshiba problem

Hi all,

I'm an ICT Consultant in Rome (Italy)
I'm just switching to Debian (etch) from a commercial Linux distribution.

Normally my customers use a commercial Linux distribution and are prone
to religious wars about the distribution to use.
So I decided to use a distribution that is not commercial at all, in
order to propose/show prototypes that are commercial (marketing?) neutral.

I've installed etch on my Toshiba Satellite P20 (with an ATI graphic
card), and now I'm triyng to put at work the hardware components.

I've a lot of problems, but I'll start a new tread for the not working
components. Here only a question:

    How can I use the external monitor? (it seems that the standard X
configuration is not good). It is only a configuration problem, or there
is something to do in order to enable the secondary monitor?

BTW the fnfxd package says that the kernel lacks the Toshiba support.

There is any documentation about this issue?
Any help will be greately appreciated.

Regards
    Mirto

Mirto Silvio Busico 		ICT Consultant