Re: which command can be used to show IP address

On Sunday 19 February 2006 03:42 pm, Serena Cantor wrote:
> I use sarge.
>
> I have cable modem connection, use DHCP to config, Do
> I have fixed IP? I plan to set up web site using it.

For cable and DSL, usually you have to ask for fixed IP addresses.
(And pay more.)  That means you address can change. However, you
still can do DNS with a service like dyndns.org has. Even so,
if your cable is Adelphia, port 80 (www) is probably blocked.

Regards,
David Koski
david.nospham@kosmosisland.com