Re: switching between keyboard layouts in gnome 2.6

I use xrus to switch between ascii and cyrillic keymaps
  'apt-get install xruskb'

The keymap is configurable, so any key map can be used.

The default config allows a keymap toggle by pressing both
shift keys simultaneously.

It is just X, so should work with any window manager that doesn't
explicitly get in the way - but I don't generally use gnome so I can't
vouch for it...

Regards,
DigbyT

http://www.digbyt.com