OpenLDAP's installation

Hi,

I've been trying to get up and running a openldap server for two days now (for the record I have another ldap server which is working perfectly well, it does authentification for the login, mail aliases, groups, ...) , and I can't figure out what's the problem !

   I did apt-get install slapd ldap-utils.
And it should have been enough for a basic server to work (I've tested this procedure on another computer and it works) but when I execute this on the computer: ldapsearch -xLL -H ldap://localhost, I get " ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)". I've already veryfied slapd.conf, /etc/default/slapd and I've found nothing

thanks in advance

$> ldapsearch -xLL -H ldap://localhost -d 281
ldap_create
ldap_url_parse_ext(ldap://localhost)
ldap_bind_s
ldap_simple_bind_s
ldap_sasl_bind_s
ldap_sasl_bind
ldap_send_initial_request
ldap_new_connection
ldap_int_open_connection
ldap_connect_to_host: TCP localhost:389
ldap_new_socket: 3
ldap_prepare_socket: 3
ldap_connect_to_host: Trying 127.0.0.1:389
ldap_connect_timeout: fd: 3 tm: -1 async: 0
ldap_ndelay_on: 3
ldap_is_sock_ready: 3
ldap_ndelay_off: 3
ldap_open_defconn: successful
ldap_send_server_request
ber_flush: 14 bytes to sd 3
ldap_result msgid 1
ldap_chkResponseList for msgid=1, all=1
ldap_chkResponseList returns NULL
wait4msg (infinite timeout), msgid 1
wait4msg continue, msgid 1, all 1
** Connections:
* host: localhost  port: 389  (default)
 refcnt: 2  status: Connected
 last used: Sun Feb 19 16:08:33 2006

** Outstanding Requests:
* msgid 1,  origid 1, status InProgress
  outstanding referrals 0, parent count 0
** Response Queue:
  Empty
ldap_chkResponseList for msgid=1, all=1
ldap_chkResponseList returns NULL
ldap_int_select
read1msg: msgid 1, all 1
ber_get_next
ber_get_next failed.
ldap_perror
ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)

--
co-administrateur du réseau n7mm.org