Re: Font, fc-list and xlsfonts

hi ya sed

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006, Sed Nivo wrote:

>    Why some fonts that i can see by fc-list i can't see by xlsfonts and
> xfontsel? Verdana font for example. I copy they from Windows.

fc-list is an app that reads your font list from XF86Config or equiv
	- you probably won't have all 5,000 or 10,000 fonts loaded

xlsfonts shows your supported fonts by locale and the env variables
in the system or vice versa .. if you select unsupported fonts,
you get "nothing" showing on the screen

xfontsel .. point-n-clicky of what's available .. ( not useful for
adding/deleting fonts to the system )

if you add fonts, after x11 started.. you will need to manually
regenerate the cache files
	xset or mkfontdir ... etc

c ya
alvin