Re: udev problem

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 11:33:58 -0500
Jonathan Dill <jonathan@nerds.net> wrote:

> On a second box, I thought I would get "smart"
> and install yaird and remove initramfs before I switched from 2.4 to 2.6
> kernel, but that didn't work somehow.

Typing 'man mkinitrd.yaird' shows:

To  let yaird build the initial boot image when a Debian kernel package
       is installed, rather than the default mkinitrd, put the
following  line in /etc/kernel-img.conf:

              ramdisk = /usr/sbin/mkinitrd.yaird

       Support  for  the ramdisk variable is built into the kernel
package; it is available in Debian kernels packaged since june 2005.

: worked for me. I had troubles getting the initrd image updated though
and finally ended up doing an 'apt-get install --reinstall' of my
kernel to get the job done.

Later, Seeker