Re: udev problem

Magnus Therning wrote:
Haven't found any cons. I removed the initramfs package to trigger
kernel upgrades to use yaird.

IME yaird produces MUCH smaller ramdisks.
The sequence in which you install / remove the packages seems significant, however. On a second box, I thought I would get "smart" and install yaird and remove initramfs before I switched from 2.4 to 2.6 kernel, but that didn't work somehow. There were some dependent packages that didn't get installed, or some command that was missing. However, I rebooted to the new kernel with all the udev errors, then tried yaird again, and that fixed it. If I try it on a third box, I'll report what the problem was exactly :)

Jonathan