Re: latest on botnets

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 16:28:28 -0600
Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> http://blog.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/
> has some unbelievable numbers: the average botnet (network of
> compromised PC's) has 36,8000 members!
>
> None of these can be Debian boxes running chkroot regularly, right?
>
> They are all M$ boxes.
>
> Is that a believable number?

No, the comma is positioned incorrectly.  Is it 36,800 or 368,000?
Since the article uses the same bogus number I assume by the paragraph
following that number that the author meant 36,800, not an unbelievable
number at all if one considers the average internet-connected
lifetime-before-invasion of an unpatched XP machine is only 12 minutes.

Cybe R. Wizard
	Winduhs