Re: Laptop battery

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 08:32 pm, john gennard wrote:
>----> a. Is it harmful to use the Laptop with Adapter
>----> without any battery on board?

No way, works a treat without the battery. My brother-in-law has used a
Toshiba laptop without a battery for 5 years and it runs like on rails still.
I have used one without a battery for 2 years without any sort of glitch.

This and my previous lappy's still work on a petrol motor driven generator,
because the adapter/transformer takes up the spikes created by a generator so
driven, and allows a constant sinewave electrical current to run the
computer.

It is even better with the battery being charged at the same time, because it
is double protection, as the current travelling to the lappy is also
regulated by the battery, loading it, if it falls below a certain voltage.

Lappy's are not as delicate as you might think. In our case, without them we
would probably not have a computer at all, or only be able to use one for a
few hours a day.

HTH

--
Registered Linux User:- 329524