Sarge and RAID

Hi!

I've successfully got Sarge and RAID working when using the following
configuration: boot, swap and root partition as seperate RAID1
partitions, plus a large partition also as RAID1, all these partitions
are mirrored on two 250 GB drives. I get no problem with this
configuration.

I've come into posesion of a spare 40 GB drive which I want to use to
hold the boot, swap and root partitions, while the two 250GB disks
mirror one large partition. Well, for some reason using this
configuration /dev/md0 does not get initilaized on boot. When I try to
mount it manually I get a "mount: /dev/md0: can't read superblock"
error. If I run "/etc/init.d/mdadm-raid start" from the command line the
raid array gets initilaized and everything is fine. Anybody know of a
reason/fix for this?

Regards,

Sion Dafydd