Re: Hanging during boot-up following dbus upgrade

cody chamberlain wrote:
I am experiencing a similar problem. Mine isn't during boot, however,
because my iface is set to no auto. When I 'ifup eth0' or 'eth1' it
hangs after:

bound to 192.168.1.67 -- renewal in 300 seconds.

If I wait long enough, it closes itself. However, if I jsut close the
terminal, the ip address was apparenlty bound. I had assumed this was a
bug in the dhcp client.

Interesting...

Very helpful - thanks for this. I just reproduced what you describe in your email using "ifup eth0", so that's clearly where the problem lies.

Is it more likely to be a bug in dhcp-client, or in the ifupdown package itself?