Re: Why do I bother?

On Sat, Feb 18, 2006 at 03:44:18AM -0500, Shane wrote:

> Thank you to the people who tried to help.  I realize and did when I
> wrote, that I furnished litle data.  What I gave you was what the system
> gave me.  I have managed to get X back up so that I can respond, or in
> most cases ignore.

Okay, but I know you could give more complete data.  For instance:

> However, when I run pppconfig and it sets up files that I have to change,
> most notably so far the /etc/ppp/peers/provider file, to make it fail less
> badly, I think there3 is something very wrong.

See, you could tell us exactly what error messages you get and why you think
the problem is in provider.  Then we could help you.

> I have also been sent to files that did not exist.  The path was broken
> and find could not find them.

And again, if you posted the exact messages we could try to figure out what
was happening.

You might want to look at esr's

Carl Fink                                         carl@fink.to
If you attempt to fix something that isn't broken, it will be.
        -Bruce Tognazzini