Re: cannot load color "black"

Interesting,

I have seen the same thing a couple of times recently - and
my configuration is unusual enough that it may narrow down
the cause a bit..

1. I am using a NCD X-Terminal on a local lan as my terminal server,
so I know that the problem has nothing to do with the xorg
server.

2. The screen/window manager is xdm/fvwm served by a BSD system,
which also serves the fonts, and has been running 24/7 for about
9 years. So it is not KDE or KDM.

3. The problem has only happened since I installed Sarge on a
notebook and started running applications from it on my NCD,
so I believe it is something in Debian, and evidently not
restricted to a single release, since you are using etch.

I had assumed that it was a problem with an application that
wasn't dealing properly with a remote x-term, and suspected
mozilla and openoffice.

Once it starts, it effects all applications, even ones running on
different computers - so it appears to be some sort of resource
problem caused on the server. Usually logging out completely and
then logging back into my X session resolves the problem.

Thats all I have at the moment. Hope that helps.

Regards,
DigbyT