Re: moving (and losing?) partitions with cfdisk

Levi Waldron wrote:
I had some unused space at the beginning of my hard drive, with my
partition table looking something like:

Well, I hoped to see a bunch of messages and one of them
being a RESOLVED.

The only new thing I can think of is that, since this partition
was at the bottom of the old extended partition, it's BR
got overwritten when the extended got expanded down. I don't
know why that would be. The old MSDOS fdisk was notorious
for overwriting the BPB when modifying partitions when it
was not necessary.

If you send me a copy of the first sector of that partition,
I can get out some old docs I have on the layout of the BR,
and see whether it looks clobbered. Can anyone say whether
the layout is consistent with the old days? My docs are all
for MSDOS. I'd guess that the portions of the old BPB which
describe the partition and give the start of the file system
are unchanged, so as to be compatible with Win..

Well, it's 09:00 here in Texas. I hope that you are on the
West Coast or something so you have more time to get some
help.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.