Re: Intel ICH5R fake raid installation

Wow, first, thanks for the quick answer!

> You can create RAID arrays in woody installer, I've done it on the same
> chipset

I tried. My partitions where already made during win2k installation (I
think I forgot to tell I'm trying to make a dual boot config.). The
raid manager on the installer doesn't recognize them. Should I install
linux before windows??

>The MBR should be installed in the primary hardrive. The only
> problem is the default Debian initrd images tend not to load raid
> drivers at boot, so you'll need to regenerate a RAID capable initrd
> image to use with the default kernel. Also, try to keep /boot on a
> non-raid partition, lilo and grub tend not to recognize raid arrays.
> Makes it harder to load initrd images :)

Well, I didn't understood this very well, and I don't have another
drive, but I can make something else, like a CD or floppy, if its
possible.  I didn't find any 'dummy' howto on this problem, with a god
help, I think its possible write one. I'm really open to new ideas
(explained for a dummy like me, of course=] ).

Fábio