Intel ICH5R fake raid installation

Hi everyone,
I hope this is the right place for doing that, and I didn't find any
good information about my problem, so here I go.

I have an ASUS P4P800 SE mobo, with ICH5R south bridge, 2 SATA 80Gb
hard drives in raid 0 config. In windows, everything is OK, but any
linux installation see these disks as one. All seems two independent
unused disks.

I read something about dmraid tool, and cross installing of debian
(appendix of installation man). Does not sound so tricky, but I don't
know how to make a cross install on this fake raid system. I don't
know if it will work when I reboot my machine.

Anyone have some idea?

Thanks in advance

Fábio Dias