Re: Terminal Server

Hi,

You will need stronger server to do XDMCP as bulk of computing is done at
server.

In our first runs with diskless etherboot clients, were able to server ~30
clients from P3 800 w/ 256 Mbyte RAM without much problem.  Want to have
fast network (you mentioned) and fairly quick HDD.

Want to be careful on how you install apps, they can end up copied into
RAM on diskless clients if installed as if on local system.  With
openoffice, this may eat up all 128 Mb's of RAM you've got.

Good luck,