Re: can't switch to external monitor after KDE 3.5 upgrade

Alexandru Cabuz <alexcabuz@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> I just did the apt-get dist-upgrade to KDE 3.5 and rebooted and everything
> seems OK except Fn-F8 does not have any effect (it's supposed to switch to
> external monitor).

> However, what is interesting is that if I use Ctrl-Alt-F4 (for example) to
> switch to the fourth virtual console, then Fn-F8 *does* work.

Interesting - I used to have the exact same problem with my Thinkad A21m
after an upgrade. I was never able to figure out what caused the
problem. My workaround was to switch to external during bootup before X11
was started. Funny enough, the problem went away recently (again after
an upgrade).

Sorry - I'm not being very helful, I guess.

cu
	Philipp

--
Dr. Philipp Pagel                          Tel. +49-8161-71 2131
Dept. of Genome Oriented Bioinformatics    Fax. +49-8161-71 2186