OT: What wireless cards are well supported in Linux?

After cancelling a 7 month old order with one ISP I'm now fairly
hopeful I'll have ADSL at the end of the week. :-) So it's time to start
putting together a shopping list. The first item on it is a wireless
card for my desktop. What I'm looking for is a card that is well
supported in Linux. I refuse to use ndiswrapper, I simply don't want any
unfree source in my kernel. I'm ignorant when it comes to wireless so
any help/suggestions/comments are welcome.

/M

magnus@therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

I have steadily endeavored to keep my mind free, so as to give up any
hypothesis, however much beloved -- and I cannot resist forming one
on every subject -- as soon as facts are shown to be opposed to it.
     -- Charles Darwin (1809-1882)