printing problem

Hi

I have a problem printing to a network printer here at school.

The spool that the school provides is no good so I am trying to create
my own on my computer and talk directly to the printer (then I allso
have better control over my printing, I like that more).

The printer is a HP Color LaserJet 4700 and I have downloaded the hplip
package to use with it and used CUPS to set it up through its web
environment and that works fine. I can print from the web page of CUPS
a test page (it prints in 10 copies though) but I cant use any command
tools like lp or lpstat to contact the printer, lpstat -t only finds
printer spools the school has defined, and not my owne.

Can someone help me out here? I am using Debian unstable and the hplip
package for the driver of the printer.

Oli