Battery monitor weirdness

Hi,

I dist-upgraded Debian testing yesterday, which brought me X.org 6.9 and Gnome 2.12, but apparently there's something fishy about the Battery Charge Monitor (v2.12.2), which almost always shows "The system is running on battery power. 10 hours (100%) remaining".

I have the AC adapter plugged in, and if I unplug it and plugs it in again, the battery monitor shows AC status for a short while, and returns to the above battery 100% message.

This morning I found the laptop very much alive, with this dialog on the screen: http://bryggenet.dk/~rene/Screenshot-Battery%20Notice.png

I never saw that with 2.10, proving that also on the humourous front is Gnome progressing at breakneck speed :-)

Needless to say,  I immediately followed all the advice given, in order :-)

/me is off reporting bugs

--
René Seindal (rene@seindal.dk)