Re: dead_keys

On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 09:54:28PM +0100, steef wrote:
> in dutch we use on some fonts accents. normally under linux_unix
> so_called DEAD_KEYS
> regulate this. i cannot find them in/under debian_sarge in /etc/Xconfig.
>
> please can somebody tell me how to activate the DEADKEYS under sarge, so
> that i can use them accents *standard* with openoffice2.0.

This should be handled by your display manager (KDE, Gnome, etc).  Use
the config tools of your display manager to add a new keyboard layout.

I have KDE in Dutch, so I'll give directions using the Dutch titles:
go to "Configuratie Centrum", then "Regio en toegankelijkheid", then
"Toetsenbordindeling", then add "V.S. Engels met dode toetsen
(us_intl)" to your available keyboard layouts (possibly make that the
only one or set it as the standard).  Switch layouts with CTRL-ALT-K.

Note: I also use the Belgian layout which gives easy access to
e.g. the euro sign with RIGHT_ALT-E.

--
Maurits van Rees | http://maurits.vanrees.org/ [NL]
            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/