Re: emacs fonts broken in my sid system

On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 11:20:39AM -0700, Paul Scott wrote:
> Something I upgraded a few weeks ago turned the fonts in emacs 21 (X11)
> into squares and I don't know to diagnose it.  Can anyone help?
>
> TIA,
>
> Paul Scott

Did you move to UTF-8 as your locale? Try installing all the X fonts
and see if the squares automagically turn back into letters.
I've had to do something similar on a machine displaying
Chinese/Japanese/Korean. Emacs' way of saying I can't display this font
is to put up a square box. In the right font, it automagically works :)

Andy