Re: catch-22 upgrade (FYI)

Sunday, 12 February 2006 12:21, Mark Grieveson wrote:
> Thanks for the tips.  I did install OpenOffice.org 2.0, and it works
> well.  My main point was how irritating the udev/kernel image
> catch-22 was.  I know others have dealt with this quandary too.

In my experience, aptitude is quite, eh, apt at resolving that sort of
situation, much more so than apt-get.

Sometimes, it also helps the resolver in situations like this if you
tell it to install both packages at the same time, rather than one
after the other.

Alex Nordstrom
Please do not CC me in followups; I am subscribed to debian-user.