How do I disable USB?

Hi all,

I've just installed Debian 3,1 on an old Pentium 200. This Pentium has a
limited amount of memory and is only used for email and newsgroups in
console mode (no X, no real desktop, no CD burner, etc.), so I'm trying
to get rid of as much fluff as I can.

Anyway, doing an lsmod, I notice that Debian is loading a few modules
that I'm pretty sure I won't need:

usbcore
usb-uhci
scsi_mod
ide-scsi

and when I do a ps -eaf I see:

[khubd]

which I'm pretty sure I won't need.

I can remove these all manaually except for usbcore which refuse to
budge because something is using, though I can't see what.

Anyway, is there any way to force Debian to ignore my USB hardware so
these things don't get loaded in the first place?

Thanks in advance,

--
Desmond Rivet

"If all else fails, lower your standards."