Re: Struggling with Xf86config

pinecone wrote:
Jonathan Kaye wrote:
pinecone wrote:

I am unable to get X going from the installer because of a mouse
problem.. The mouse is a plain old wheel mouse from acer but the install
cacks saying there is no /dev/input/mice, even after lengthy running of
Xf86config and choosing most of the mouse options. What is needed here?

pinecone

Hi Pinecone,
It would help if you gave us some details. Which Debian are you running, how
your mouse is connected (ps2?, usb? serial?) etc. I'm using 2.6.12 Etch
(now with Xorg not XFree86) with a PS2 optical mouse and scrollwhell and
the xorg.conf file looks like this:
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "Protocol"              "imPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection
Cheers,
Jonathan

I'm running Sarge 3.1 downloaded in the summer. My XF86Config says:
Core Pointer's Input Section
   Identifier "Mouse1"
   Driver "mouse"
   Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
   Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"

Now, the /dev/psaux is what Knoppix does for the same machne, so I tried it.  Knoppix runs just fine and it is based on Debian so you can imagine MY UTTER FRUSTRATION!

pinecone