Re: Pictures, music = video

On Thursday 09 February 2006 14:43, Luis Fernando Llana Díaz wrote:
> Hello,
>   I want to combine some photgraphs with music to obtain a movie that I
> can record in a video CD or a DVD (I plan to play it in a ordinary DVD
> player). I am wondering is there is a software to do it easely.
>
> Thank you
>   Luis Llana.

Digikam, with kipi-plugins, allows this pretty easily.  You'll need
mjpegtools and its dependencies for audio, and imagemagick and its
dependencies for the video.  You can encode right to DVD (or XVCD, SVCD, or
VCD) in either NTSC, PAL or SECAM.

However, there is currently a bug against kipi-plugins, where the mpeg movie
creation doesn't work with mjpegtools-1:1.8.0-0.1 from ftp.nerim.net.
There is a patch available, though.

Justin Guerin