Re: help with Debian

ke6isf <ke6isf@chez-vrolet.net> writes:
On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, Cuthbert Smith Consulting wrote:

Neither.  You'll have to be logged into your web server in order to locate
this file, preferably by way of ssh or direct access at the console.

Thank you

You now have me curious, what's this server's history, and how did you get
your hands on it?  Vaguely important, how familiar are you with Unix-like
environments?

I dont know my servers history, Im not at all familiar with Unix, I work strictly in a windows enviromnent (office xp) on a PC connected to an office network.  Im the office adminstrator and am working on designing a website.

I personally prefer emacs, but it doesn't really have a graphical HTML
edit mode that I'm aware of.  Perhaps somebody else here on the list can
make a better suggestion for a GUI HTML editor.

Ok, so then I looked briefly at this emacs, and it refered to something called webgui, which says if you are not a programmer can take days to install.  (days?!!!).  Well thanks for your consideration, Im going to have to go back to the beginning and try to get hold of our CAISNET Person who set this all up and see from there.

Thanks,

Sandra

-Dennis Carr

Cuthbert Smith Consulting Partnership Inc.
400, 14727 - 87 Avenue
Edmonton, AB T5R 4E5
Tel:   (780) 484-3232
Fax: (780) 489-8925
e-mail: edmonton@cuthbertsmith.com
This communication is intended for the sole use of the recipient to
which it was addressed and may contain confidential, personal or
privileged information. Please contact the sender immediately if you
are not the intended recipient of this information and do not copy,
distribute or take action relying on it. Any communication received
in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed. Thank you.