Re: udev is ruining my life

On 10 Feb 2006, Mitchell Laks wrote:

[snip]

> Now we cant upgrade debian provided kernels beyond 2.6.11 without
> udev? Why is this a prerequisite?? I can install my own kernel without
> it.
>
> Devices are a basic thing, usually dealt with at initial system put
> together, or perhaps when I plug in a usb device, that it is a special
> annoying headache to spend days to figure these special rules things
> out.
>
> </rant>.
>
> MItchell

I don't understand this. I'm currently using linux-image-2.6.15-1-686
and linux-image-2.6.15-1-k7 on different machines, *without udev*, and
there are no problems.

The only thing is that I have kept hotplug at the version in Stable
because otherwise my wireless card doesn't work.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Linux Gnu-Debian