Re: Backport Questions

Andrei Popescu wrote:

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 13:27:15 -0800
Marc Shapiro <mshapiro_42@yahoo.com> wrote:

[major snip]

ALSO, apt-cache show says that it is for desktop integration. Is that for Gnome and KDE? I am using fvwm2 and do not use an integrated desktop environment. Do I even need that package?

AFAIK Debian has a menu system that does not depend on the Environment/Window Manager. I'm using IceWM and I still get the new menu entries when I install something (after I restart IceWM).

Andrei
I do, too, which is why it suddenly occured to me that maybe this was not a problem after all.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com