Re: netinst question

Andrei Popescu wrote:

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 16:06:43 -0500
dafydd hughes <dafydd61@sideshowmedia.ca> wrote:

Hi folks

I'm new here, so please point me in the right direction if this question's answered elsewhere.

This is my first attempt at installing debian via internet - I've been using the Agnula distribution, but for various reasons I'm trying the netinst install. Trouble is, my laptop (hp omnibook xe2, p2 333, 3com cardbus network card) isn't automatically bringing up eth0 after the base install, so the fist steps of apt configuration fail because it can't find the mirror.

Is there a way to interrupt the install program at this point and manually bring up the interface with ifup? I tried ctl-alt-F6 and logged in as root. ifup eth0 works, but I can't figure out how to return to the install program after that.

Again, I apologize if this is covered elsewhere - I couldn't find anything in the archives.

cheers
dafydd