Re: XOrg+Radeon = No Direct Rendering?

Hello again,

here's an update on the story:

- the discrepancy in fps had nothing to do with the driver: it was a consequence of "AccelMethod"

- there is/was a bug somewhere that caused the discrepancy between the log and glxinfo, though I couldn't understand whether the DRI was on or not..

- building a fglrx (proprietary) driver with Stanchina's sources runs into a problem with overwrites - there are some reports, but I couldn't understand where the bug was

- building a fglrx driver with ATI's packager runs and installs properly, but gives me a hideous oozing green screen, which I saw earlier - it is a symptom of something wrong in the xorg.conf - I would point a broken fglrx driver. There are also reports of some problems with 2.6.15, which I happen to be using.

I remain without hardware acceleration. There are countless reports and solutions, but they're either outdated or don't work as advertised. Or it might be simply I'm missing something.

Would anyone lend a hand?

Renato