Re: synaptic will not display after upgrade

try as a root:

# xhost +

then

# synaptic &

Iván

On 2/8/06, Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers.42@gmail.com > wrote:
I'm running debain sarge on my laptop. After I got out of hispital, I
ran upgrate/upgrade, but did not pay any attention to what was being
upgraded.

Now when I try to run "sudo synaptic:, I keep getting this error;

sudo synaptic

(synaptic:22313): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

I've even tried ssh'ing into this laptop, yet I get this same error
message.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

--