Re: flashplugin-nonfree " No new version is detected "

Peter Colton wrote:

Hello all,

I have been trying to install flashplugin-nonfree but it looks like the flash package is not there. below is the out put of the command :

sudo aptitude reinstall flashplugin-nonfree

Unpacking replacement flashplugin-nonfree ...
Setting up flashplugin-nonfree (7.0.25-5) ...
Checking new upstream release...
I: checking http://macromedia.rediris.es/tarball/debian/...
No new version is detected. ( = not installed)

I been up to the http://macromedia.rediris.es/tarball/debian/ and there is no debain package there for flash. Any body got any idear how I can get flash installed. Do I just wait and see if the flash package turns up at macromedia.rediris.es. Or is there a flash package I could downlaod from else where. which I could install locally.

Strange. You are right - the Debian link at http://macromedia.rediris.es/site_ri.html is missing. I installed flashplugin-nonfree (7.0.25-5) a while ago, so it was there once.

If you are in a hurry, perhaps you could try compiling from the Generic .tar.gz link on the same page, or try an rpm using alien?

Chris.