Re: How to add a new dir to my PATH?

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 08:21:08 -0800
Marc Wilson <msw@cox.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 01:40:53PM -0200, Bruno Buys wrote:
> > Apparently the issue is solved, so thanks for everybody's inputs. But it
> > looks weird, to me. How come there's .bash_profile and .bashrc on my
> > home, that aren't read when the systems loads right to X? Or, I can't
> > set my env, when in X by any other means...

To set my path during the X log in process I add a line to
the .xsession file in my home directory that exports the path I
want:

export PATH=~/some/directory:$PATH:/some/other/directory

: if your display manager lets you choose a session type (KDE, fluxbox,
etc...) and you choose one of those instead of the default session then
your .xsession file may not be read.

Later, Seeker