Re: How to add a new dir to my PATH?

I had contemplated the same thing, but when you say
	'what_ever_shell_you_are_using_profile'
how do you deal with the fact that shell syntax for dealing
with the environment varies - for exmaple:
	export FOO=moo
for ksh and
	setenv FOO moo
for csh

The only universal solution I could come up with would be to have
the various login agents (login/xdm/sshd...) check for and
act on $HOME/.environment before the desired shell is invoked.

Perhaps something could go into the PAM session management to
look after it...

Regards,
DigbyT

http://www.digbyt.com