Any way to play AAC streams?

I've been waiting for AAC stream playback to mature for some time now
and each time I try it, I get the same result in XMMS, BMP, and now
Audacious--the buffer fills and then refills and then refills ad
infinitum, ad nauseum.  So, what's the trick?  I'm running Sid with
everything up to date.

Surely, this can't have been this broken in Debian for this long (a bit
over a year since I first tried it).  Is there a way to convince
Kaffeine (with the Xine engine) to play an AAC stream if the others
can't be coerced into action?

Thanks,

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.