Re: how to change number of saved lines on console

on Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 02:38:33PM -0600, Matt Zagrabelny (mzagrabe@d.umn.edu) wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 17:13 +0100, Lubos Vrbka wrote:
> > hi guys,
> >
> > is it possible to change (increase) the number of lines that are saved
> > on console? i would like to be able to scroll through the whole boot
> > process history. right now it allows me to go approximately one and half
> > pages back...
>
> bootlogd.
>
> turn it on via /etc/default/bootlogd

Good answer.

Another is to enable serial console at boot and log this output either
to localhost (sufficient for most purposes) or to a second system
(possibly a dedicated logging server).  This should capture *everything*
that crosses the console, including BIOS, POST, bootloader, kernel, and
init messages.  It can even be used for debugging.

Peace.

    Spero nos familiares mansuros.