Re: (SOLVED, I think for good) Changing fonts in Seamonkey Mail panels

Felix Miata wrote:
You shouldn't need to use userContent.css to get plain text messages
to display all in your same monospace pref text. David's message was
plain text, so the only thing to account for the strange display is
this: Content-type: text/plain; charset=windows-1255. I cannot
imagine why a Kmail client would so encode a plain text email message
using that charset. It should be a Kmail bug if it inherited it from
an upthread post it was a reply to. To fix its display (go into the
mailnews view menu and set message body as plain text so that it
applies to HTML email as well) go into prefs and change the families
and sizes for all the the 20 or so character sets to be the same
across the charsets (unless you actually want some to be different).
Then you shouldn't see odd emails again. If you do, the problem has
to be in your fontconfig configuration, not SM.

I had just seen that character encoding, myself, and was about to post
it back to the list when your message came in.  Changing the monospace
font for Hebrew (Windows-1255) did solve the problem.  Since this seems
to be (I hope) a fluke that is not likely to come up frequently (if at
all) I am not really going to worry about it.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

--
Marc Shapiro