Re: how to change number of saved lines on console

On 2/6/06, Lubos Vrbka <lubos.vrbka@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi guys,
>
> is it possible to change (increase) the number of lines that are saved
> on console? i would like to be able to scroll through the whole boot
> process history. right now it allows me to go approximately one and half
> pages back...
>
> thanks,

I don't have the answer to your question, but you can run "dmesg" to
view the console messages. The buffer is limited in size, so you'll
want to run it immediately after boot. I prefer to use a init.d
script, set up to run last, to run "dmesg > /var/run/dmesg.boot", so I
have a copy handy at all times.