Re: Where does a guy get KDE 3.5?

> Packages?
>
> Or is there a quick and dirty way to grab it from source?
>
> Rob

Until Sid is manageable, I got mine direct from kde. Go to www.kde-apps.org,
download "Konstruct". This is in reality a set of scripts. You can build most
of KDE in a couple of steps. Latest release is 3.5.1

Note that
1. Konstruct can be ticklish. Try running first with make -k. This will build
everything it can and pass over problems, usually downloading. Then go back
and make normally which will stop at the problem spots and you can try again,
fix, etc.
2. You need to go into various subdirectories and make certian apps like
kdevelop, koffice, multimedia stuff, etc. But still, very easy and effective.

I put my installation in /opt and ran as sudo but to each his own.