New to Debian

Hi, List!  I'm a brand new Debian user just switching over from RH and FC.  I have to say I'm really impressed.  The net-install went beautifully and picked up most of my hardware without too much ado.  I'm running on a dual-boot machine with win98, Athlon XP 1800 w/ 512 mb RAM, nVidia GeForce 5200 video (128 mb) and an Audigy sound card.  The sound card is giving me trouble, tho.  Specifics follow:

uname -r
2.4.27-2-386

lspci | grep audio
0000:00:0e.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Audigy (rev 03)

modprobe snd-emu10k1
can't locate module

modinfo soundcore
filename:    /lib/modules/2.4.27-2-386/kernel/drivers/sound/soundcore.o
author:      "Alan Cox"
license:     "GPL"

modprobe snd-emu10k1;modprobe snd-pcm-oss;modprobe snd-mixer-oss;modprobe snd-seq-oss
modprobe: Can't locate module snd-emu10k1
modprobe: Can't locate module snd-pcm-oss
modprobe: Can't locate module snd-mixer-oss
modprobe: Can't locate module snd-seq-oss

I've searched the web via google and RTM all to no avail.  I apt-got ALSA yesterday.  Anyone offering advice would be my new best friend.  :)

Keep in mind that I'm not terribly adept at loading modules.  I'm actually pretty wary of doing any mechanics to the kernel, and I'm still pretty new at all this.

Thanks for taking the time to read this long post!!!

v/r

kerry

p.s. - not as pressing - anyone who can instruct me on how to install k9copy without jacking up my system would be an eligible recipient of my inheritance.