Re: Testing and Flash plugin trouble

jef wrote:
Just wondering if anyone else is seeing a problem with the Flash 7 plugin.

I'm running testing, and in all of my browsers I'm having trouble with certain
types of text in Flash objects. An example can be found at http://www.umich.edu
 The search option there does not show me what I type in, although the
characters I enter are accepted and passed on, and I get proper results.

I've also used the swf-plugin package as well as the plugin from Macromedia with
no difference, including the latest version 7.0.61.0 , as well as an older
version 7.0.25.0. With all, there is no difference.

Since this happens with all browsers - Opera 8.5, Firefox 1.5 and Konquerer
3.4.3 -  something makes me think that there is something out of sorts in
testing, but I can't seem to trace it. I've tried it under different users,
just to be sure it wasn't something I have that is out of whack.

Going to do a quick install of stable or unstable to check if things are good
there, but figured I'd ask here in case it was a known issue I haven't run
across yet.

This sounds like the same problem I had. Was due to a lack of appropriate fonts. Installing the gsfonts-x11 package solved it.

John