Re: Not a Debian question, but you guys know this stuff...

> Tyson Varosyan wrote:

> At the risk of having my hand slapped

that says it all. He asked knowing he'd likely get slapped and he did. One should not be surprised by predictable results. And one should certainly not be offended and resort to name-calling when those predictable results are not what one hoped for.

Frankly, he asked for it and got it. If he can'thandle it thats his problem.

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 08:39:26 -0600
Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:> >
> Just to make it clear, your problem is with Apache and Windows, not with
> Debian.
>
> (Although I agree with you that the responses you got were offensive,
> even if they were "technically" appropriate.)

I don't think they were offensive responses, but humorous. Maybe misguided. someone should have said "this is a debian list, please point yourself to apache." but is it really worth the effort to bother to tell him what he should obviously already know? When faced with annoying posts from left field, levity is better than completely ignoring him.

> (And I personally don't have an issue with the rare off-topic post on
> this list if there's a good chance that this list can provide the
> answer. Unfortunately, in your case, this list apparently could not
> provide the answer, and the response you should have gotten is silence
> or a polite redirection rather than the rudeness you received. (I now
> expect to get flamed, but that's okay; it happens.))

engage flame-throwers.

seriously though, I agree that occaisional off-topic posts are okay. We all benefit from learning.

.02