Re: Not a Debian question, but you guys know this stuff...

Tyson Varosyan wrote:

>Again, I apologize for posting a Windows-based problem on this board, but I
>did so with the assumption that there would be many Apache users here and
>that the more experienced ones may know how to help me in Windows and Linux.
>

>I reinforced my belief in the
>reasons why most people use software that has documentation and phone
>numbers to call for help.

Just to make it clear, your problem is with Apache and Windows, not with
Debian.

(Although I agree with you that the responses you got were offensive,
even if they were "technically" appropriate.)

(And I personally don't have an issue with the rare off-topic post on
this list if there's a good chance that this list can provide the
answer. Unfortunately, in your case, this list apparently could not
provide the answer, and the response you should have gotten is silence
or a polite redirection rather than the rudeness you received. (I now
expect to get flamed, but that's okay; it happens.))

--
Kent