Re: Xorg not working with Matrox G550?? MGAGetBOARDHANDLESize

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 06:01:18PM +0200, Simo Kauppi wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 06:34:05AM -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 08:55:58AM +0200, Simo Kauppi wrote:
> > > Did you try to use both the mga_drv and the hal library from Matrox?
> > > The latest version is 4.3 and they seem to run with X.Org 6.9.
> >
> > The 4.3 driver I have from Matrox does not work with 6.9:
>
> I'm using it right now, so it does work. The install script might not
> work as Matrox is probably not 100% sure it works with 6.9.

Right, the install script doesn't work.

> Anyway, the standard mga driver from X.Org should work as well (without
> the Hallib of course).

I moved the mga_hal out of the way and did a dpkg -i xserver-xorg-6.9
deb to try and use the default driver.

I thought what was happening is that I upgraded to 6.9 which left the
mga_hal untouched but upgraded mga_drv.  So by moving the mga_hal I
should have been trying the standard mga driver that comes with
xserver-xorg.

> Are you using framebuffer?

No, not that I'm aware of.

> If you don't have any session managers in your desktop, you could try
> DISPLAY=desktop:0.0 startx
> where 'desktop' is the name of your desktop machine.

That's what I was trying.  But I xauth was not allowing that.  I need
to refresh my memory how xauth works.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org