testing: pseudographics spoiled in elinks with Unicode cyrillic fonts

Hi all.

Debian testing. I have a problem with pseudographics in the elinks text
browser. I use the console-cyrillic package (0.9-12) to support cyrillic;
I've configured it to use Unicode, and everything seems to work fine, with
the exception of elinks. It doesn't display pseudographic symbols, other
characters get displaced as well, and in general the screen turns into quite
a mess after scrolling through the document. The locale is set to
en_US.utf8.

Reconfiguring console-cyrillic to use KOI8-R (and specifying the en_US.koi8r
locale) solves the problem; all the needed symbols are displayed as they
should be. By contrast, leaving console-cyrillic in Unicode but setting the
locale to C makes the same problem appear in other programs (such as
aptitude and dpkg-reconfigure), while others (pstree) just fall back to
using symbols such as  - | `  instead of true pseudographics.

This doesn't depend on the font used with console-cyrillic; but if I don't
start console-cyrillic at all (and leave the fonts as configured by
/etc/init.d/console-screen.sh), the problem does not appear.

The question is: is there a way to make elinks render pseudographics
correctly with cyrillic Unicode fonts, or at least fall back to similar
symbols like "-" and "|"? Thanks in advance for support.

-- qvvx